Schools First Aid
Schools First Aid
This high value Schools First Aid package contains not just one, but three nationally accredited courses!
Head of Flimby Primary School
"I would happily recommend Pochat Training to schools as it provides excellent quality training at a level accessible to all staff with positive outcomes and meeting the Health and Safety requirements for schools."
Emergency First Aid at Work
Our QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) - also called EFAW - gives a good grounding in general first aid, and is the course recommended by HSE for most workplaces.
Basic Life Support for Adults and Children
Our QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support for Adults and Children (QCF) gives the knowledge and ability to apply all that is learned in EFAW to children also.
Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis
Our QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis (QCF) means staff has the knowledge and ability to save a child going into anaphylactic shock, saving their lives.
Benefits of this one day Schools First Aid training course:
- First aid training for school staff is very important.
- Our Schools First Aid course is especially suited for teachers and other school staff.
- The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
- This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing adequate first aid training.
- Typically, first aiders will hold a valid certificate in either First Aid at Work (FAW) or Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW).
- This course is also available to any organisation working with children.
- The basis for our Schools First Aid course is Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW), covering your statutory requirements.
- All three courses are nationally recognised and fully accredited, ensuring you can prove you are well trained and ready should an emergency arise.
In this Schools First Aid course we will cover:
- The Roles and Responsibilities of an Emergency First Aider
- Assessing an Incident
- Minor Injuries
- Cuts, Grazes and Bruises
- Minor Burns and Scalds
- Managing an Unresponsive Infant, Child and Adult.
- Recovery Position - Infant, Child and Adult
- CPR - Infant, Child and Adult
- The Chain of Survival
- Choking - Infant, Child and Adult
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Common Anaphylaxis Triggers
- Signs and Symptoms of Anaphylaxis
- Treatment of Anaphylaxis
- Anaphylaxis Medication
- Use of Adrenaline Auto-Injectors
Accredited, Ofqual regulated qualification
Our Schools First Aid Training Course covers no less than three nationally recognised, Ofqual regulated qualifications accredited by Qualsafe Awards.
- The Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate is valid for three years.
- The Basic Life Support for Adults and Children Certificate is valid for one year.
- The Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis Certificate is also valid for one year
Being a Qualsafe Awards Centre means that you can be rest assured that your Schools First Aid Training is of high quality and covers your statutory requirements!