QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Contact us on email@example.com or 01246 451812
"Great course, very detailed clear and excellent resources. Feel prepared to deal with first aid situations with confidence now. Thank you!"
The benefits of this two day Paediatric First Aid course:
- Would you know what to do if you saw a child in need of First Aid?
- Children are prone to minor injuries, but suffer from serious injuries also.
- In 2014, 2,269 children in the UK were so badly bitten by an animal they had to be admitted to hospital.
- More than 2 million children have accidents in the home for which they're taken to A&E - every year, with Under 5s accounting for 7% of all hospital emergency treatments.
- Being able to deal with peadiatric emergencies can make the difference between the life and death of children, and save them a lot of suffering.
- This NEW QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) qualification is ideal for:
- those who work with, or intend to work with children in a childcare setting as it is designed to fulfil Ofsted’s First Aid requirements for early years teachers, nursery workers and childminders (as defined within the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 2014 and within the Child Care Register guide).
- childcare settings who are working towards Millie’s Mark.
NEW Course Regulations
As of January 1st, 2017, the Paediatric and Emergency Paediatric First Aid courses will fall under the Regulations Qualifications Framework (RQF).
There will be a consistent syllabus for each of these courses, as created by the Department for Education (DfE), in collaboration with Awarding Organisations and other experts.
This means that all those seeking training for Paediatric and Emergency Paediatric First Aid courses by properly accredited training providers, will all cover the same information and skills needed to keep children safe and know what to do in case of an emergency.
In this Paediatric First Aid course we will cover:
- The Roles and Responsibilities of an Emergency Paediatric First Aider
- Assessing an Emergency Situation
- Minor Injuries
- Cuts, Grazes and Bruises
- Burns and Scalds
- Dealing with an Unresponsive Infant or Child
- Recovery Position
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Head, Neck and Back Injuries
- sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
- Eye, Ear and Nose Conditions
- Electric Shock
- Bites and Stings
- Hot and Cold Temperatures
Accredited, Ofqual regulated qualification
Our Paediatric First Aid Training Course is a nationally recognised, Ofqual regulated qualification accredited by Qualsafe Awards. This means that you can be rest assured that your Paediatric First Aid Certificate fulfills the legal requirements and is a very good way to make sure your employees are trained in Paediatric First Aid.