Worker trapped his hand and broke finger in machinery

Contact us on info@pochattraining.co.uk or 01246 451812

Worker trapped his hand while operating machinery

Polythene film manufacturer PolyFilm has been sentenced for safety breaches after a worker trapped his hand in machinery and broke his little finger on his right hand while operating the machine.

The Health and Safety Executive's investigation (HSE) discovered that the company failed to adequately manage the risk of workers being injured when operating machinery, and that the workers failed to operate in the correct way of working when using the equipment.

This was an incident that could have been easily avoided has the company carried out correct control measures and had safe working practices.

Polyfilm Ltd pleaded guilty to breaching the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and was fined £6,000 and ordered to pay costs.

To read HSE's original notification from 16 February 2017, click here.